At kfm, we’re proud to call ourselves an environmentally sustainable agency. We continue to find new ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations. Here are 7 ways we have implemented sustainable practices in our daily operations.
kfm’s Sustainable Practices
1. Over 75% of our employees bike, walk or take public transit to work. We will also be participating in Bike to Work Week this May.
2. We use paperless technology whenever possible and only print materials when absolutely necessary.
3. We recommend remote meetings to reduce unnecessary travel.
4. We recycle waste materials in our office and on-site at events.
5. We save energy in our office by turning off the heating, air-conditioning and lights. We turn off computers and printers overnight.
6. We use tap water and refillable bottles rather than a water cooler.
7. We reuse materials and repurpose equipment whenever possible.
Shoutout to our Green Clients!
We take pride in representing clients that are similarly concerned with environmental sustainability.
Greenscape Design & Décor
In addition to their extensive collection of environmentally friendly products, Greenscape donates 100% of their reused products to charities, schools and associations. 75% of their employees use public transport for work, meetings and tasks. They also employ an extensive recycling program for the unique materials they use in their design work. Read more at http://www.greenscapedecor.com/sustainability
Pedersen’s Event Rentals
At Pedersen’s, environmental initiatives are happening at all levels within the organization – from simple efforts to reduce energy on a daily basis, to aggressively seeking ways to minimize packaging of goods. In addition to their recycling program, they have a high efficiency dishwasher and laundry system, they use 100% biodegradable plastic bags, and reusable plastic boxes and bins for storing and shipping. See more at http://vancouver.pedersens.com/community/environment
Empyrean is at the forefront of the LED revolution, specializing in design technology that presents an efficient, cost-reducing, green and safe lighting alternative. They also developed a turtle-safe LED lighting series to reduce the fatal effects of artificial light on sea turtle hatchlings. These lights that have been utilized on beaches in Australia where they were ranked in the TOP 100 of Australia’s smartest innovations. Read more at http://anthillonline.com/andromeda-turtle-safe-led-street-lighting-qld-2014-smart-100/